Chocolate Frosting: The Breakfast of Champions
I have discovered the best and easiest chocolate buttercream frosting recipe. The best part about it is that you can either make it light chocolate or really rich and dark(my fave).
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup butter , softened
2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup half-and-half cream or milk (can use unwhipped whipping cream in place of half and half)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder , sifted (for light)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder , sifted (for medium)
• 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder , sifted (for dark rich)
1. Cream the butter in a small bowl.
2.Blend in the cocoa powder (the amount desired for a light, medium or dark flavor), vanilla, confectioners sugar, alternately with the cream.
3. Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved.
**NOTE** because of the additional cocoa powder more cream may have to be added in to reach desired consistency.
Image from Martha.