6.27.2008

Cleanse: Day Four

So Dooce stopped the cleanse. I so want to use her experience to justify putting brown sugar in my oatmeal this morning. But I don't really feel sick. Yeah, I get headaches in the evening, I'm a little more tired than usual, and my body feels different. But different in a good way, in a quiet way.
Yesterday went surprisingly well, despite the fact that I wasn't at home and had to eat out for one of my meals. The most shocking part was realizing how much of my eating is a ritual. Not eating because I'm hungry, or because the food is necessarily good, but just because it's there. We went to IKEA and it was so hard for me not to get a cinnamon roll. They aren't that great, I wasn't hungry, I just ALWAYS get a cinnamon roll EVERY TIME we go. I stared with longing at the people lining up for their $1.00 gooey cinnamon treats, bought Brian his favorite candy, and left. For the first time, I left IKEA without a cinnamon roll.

Menu
Breakfast: oatmeal with almonds and cinnamon
Snack: apple and banana
Lunch: Spinach salad and Split Pea vegetable soup
Snack: orange and Wasa crackers with almond butter and cinnamon
Dinner: Corn tortillas with beans, grilled peppers, green chilies, and enchilada sauce
Dessert: Smoothies

No comments: