6.24.2008

Cleanse : Day One


One day down, 21 to go....
Yesterday went pretty well, it really opened my eyes to just how mindlessly I have been feeding myself. While I was preparing Sela's lunch I was thinking about how I can't eat any cheese, and I popped a piece of cheese in my mouth without even realizing it. I chewed it once and spit it out, so shocked that I didn't even notice what I was doing. How many times a day did I do that before?!?! Yikes! I had a few trouble spots, the usual 2:30 pm sugar attack and the evening cravings. There were a few moments of pacing and a killer headache in the evening, but I managed to make it through day one.

Menu for day one:
Breakfast: hot cereal with blueberries, walnuts and honey
Snack: Apple with almond butter
Lunch: Potato Leek Soup
Snack: Orange
Dinner: Potato Leek Soup, mixed green salad with tomatoes, avocados, and walnuts with olive oil, garlic, and lemon dressing
Dessert: Apple slices with honey and cinnamon, microwaved for 2 minutes and topped with walnuts....yum!

image via Daisy Chain

No comments: