8.24.2008

Running Away

We have had a hard week.

It seems like our hard weeks are coming almost weekly these days, and I find myself counting down the minutes until the summer of 2008 packs up its pretty greens, bright mornings, and endless disappointments and hits the road.

I had high hopes for this summer. Soaring, lofty hopes that I tied to a bright kite and ran full speed, sending them higher and higher, never looking back.

The summer of 2008 cut my string and stowed my hopes in a somewhere, someday place. A place "where everything will work out" and where "a door will open." It seems like timing is everything in this place, and our timing is always off.

So, we are running away.

Where, you ask?

Portugal? Oregon? New York?

We have no idea, but it will definitely be a today place.

And I couldn't be more excited.

We will keep you posted!

No comments: