11.29.2010

a bit behind



Hello, hello! How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was good, even though I spent the whole week with a sniffly nose, scratchy throat, and pounding head - hence the lack of quality posts last week. I did, however, manage to make a delicious savory apple + onion tart for the big dinner, watch 2 1/2 seasons of Bones while stitching  Sela's Christmas quilt (almost finished! and I'm pretty sure I made up for the two years I didn't watch t.v. with my Bones marathon. yikes.), found our missing camera (!!!) and watched as my kids ran into + fell off of every. single. thing. in our apartment.

Sigh. Here's hoping we make it to spring.

Anyway, I had lots of Thanksgiving-y posts stored away in my brain for last week, but my head was foggy + I just wasn't feeling it. Hope you don't mind if I share some of them with you this week - I kind of feel like I missed Thanksgiving this year + I really really dislike skipping holidays.

Hope you're all doing well + had a lovely + safe holiday.

beautiful song + video by sufjan stevens. come thou fount of every blessing has always been one of my favorite songs, it just makes my heart happy. enjoy!

No comments: