8.05.2011

words for your weekend


I can't feel you anymore, I can't even touch the books you've read
Every time I crawl past your door, I been wishin' I was somebody else instead
Down the highway, down the tracks, down the road to ecstasy 
I followed you beneath the stars, hounded by your memory
And all your ragin' glory


You'll never know the hurt I suffered nor the pain I rise above
And I'll never know the same about you, your holiness or your kind of love
And that makes me feel so sorry


Idiot wind, blowing through the buttons of our coats
Blowing through the letters that we wrote
Idiot wind, blowing through the dust upon our shelves
We're idiots, babe
It's a wonder we can even feed ourselves


-Bob Dylan, "Idiot Wind" from Blood on the Tracks (1975)


No one writes heartbreak and longing better than Mr. Zimmerman. I've had this album on repeat for the past few days, and I'm sure it will continue through the warm weekend ahead.

Happy Friday, you. Hope your weekend is a sweet one. XO

P.S. I'm also loving this "Buckets of Rain" cover.

2 comments:

Jada said...

I found your blog through tumblr, and so glad I did! I was just discussing the "Blood on the Tracks" Bob Dylan album with my friend. I recommended "Idiot Wind" and "Buckets of Rain" as my two favorite songs from the album.
Love your blog, and now following!

asian bridal said...

Nobody knows why a nerd captured the confusing arm.