9.30.2010

words for your weekend


"I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept round the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I've lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not a punishment. I do not want to surrender fierceness for a small gain in yardage."

John Steinbeck, Travels With Charley


john steinbeck just gets it, you know? happy weekending, my dears! i'm going to be busy catching up on all the life that has stacked up while i've been preoccupied with sick babies. their bodies seemed happy + healthy tonight. fingers crossed. see you on tuesday! ox.

1 comment:

Emily said...

John Steinbeck totally gets it, I love Travels with Charley. He's so dashing isn't he? I still believe he and i will be lovers in another life.

glad you're babies are well.