11.18.2010

neighborhood party inspiration


I am on the planning committee for our neighborhood Christmas party this year + I've been brainstorming for weeks on possible decorations + fun activities for the kids. Our theme is Polar Express + we are (hopefully!) going to transform a hallway into a train, a foyer into a train station, half of a gymnasium into a cafe, and the other into the North Pole....yeah, I know. I'm going to be a busy lady for the next few weeks!



I love styling for the Little Winter market that took place a few weeks ago - Chelsea always does such an amazing job. I'm thinking of doing a similar look for the vintage train station + cafe. Lots of black + white gingham, touches of red, luminaries made out of kraft paper bags, and lots of fresh pine boughs. Hopefully I can gather a few lanterns + vintage suitcases to help round out the theme.


Here is the poster I designed for the activity:
 

We are also going to hand deliver tiny golden boarding passes to all of the families, and seal them with red wax Santa stamps! I'm really excited about this project + all of the possibilities with our theme. Here's  hoping we can pull it all together in the next three weeks!

3 comments:

(V.Kerr) School Time Adventures said...

You can dooooo it! Sounds super fun, wish I was on activities with you.

Brianne said...

What, the adults can't wear their PJs? That sounds like a lot of fun. That's a great poster.

Sarah Larsen said...

Wow girl. You are so talented. I saw that you had RSVPd for the thrift-a-thon and had to come over. I'm so glad I did, cuz your style is bomb! I'm a new follower. :)